Monday, October 4, 2010

Month Two- Bring It




I have officially been in Cusco for over a month and I am less than THREE months away from landing in the Northern hemisphere. (Start chilling the champagne...)

With a new month comes a new class load (for some teachers and this month, that means me). I am happy to report that my October schedule is awesome. Yes, the split shift is inevitable, but I'm teaching TWO Advanced level classes and I got to keep the two Basic level classes I love. I like teaching Advanced because there is a big focus on writing, the rules of writing, and reading comprehension. I love all of the above. I'm a geek.

In other news, I went on an AMAZING hike with some friends yesterday. We started at our house and feasted on a killer breakfast prepared by my roommate (don't worry, Mom- I shopped and cleaned for it) and from there we headed uphill toward the Cristo Blanco statue that stands over the city. It was just what I needed. There were hills, mountains, trees and of course, Incan ruins. There are small ruins all around the area and we actually climbed inside and old cave/Moon temple and checked out the sacrifice altar. Cool, huh? (Okay, maybe a little eerie too...) I live here? Really? I knew I needed to get OUT of the city and do some exploring and whaddya know? It worked. It was inspiring and rejuvenating. I am so happy, so lucky to be here. It was my best day in Cusco yet and maybe one of the best of this whole experience.

I'm already entering in to this month less stressed and more eager- I am settling in. I look forward to see what month two has in store for me.

((Headed to Machu Picchu on Friday...!))



- See more pictures from the hike HERE
- See more pictures from the rest of my September HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment