Monday, August 23, 2010

Cahuitaaahhh!







The weekend before last, Cameron and I took our final trip out of the city to the coast. We decided to try the Caribbean coast again (we've only been once, as all of our other trips have been to the pacific side), but we didn't want a party town (I'm lookin' at you, Puerto Viejo), so we decided on Cahuita. Boy am I glad we did! Cahuita has a Creole/Rasta influence and its laid back, welcoming vibe is just what we needed. We had the most relaxing and enjoyable beach weekend that we've had in Costa Rica and we liked this low-key, small town the best out of all the beach towns we've been to.

We got on a 6am bus on Saturday morning and rolled into town a little before 10 am. We found a cheap hotel ($25 for a double), dropped off our stuff and headed to the Cahuita National Park. The beach was gorgeous, the water was calm and blue and we were surrounded by dozens of sand dollars. We left the beach around 4:30pm, went out, had dinner and drinks and were promptly asleep by 9pm.

I know you're on the edge of your seat; we're really exciting girls.

We spent the entire next day at the beach too and now, thanks to that golden Caribbean sun, I am as brown as I've been in years.

All we wanted to do was lay on the beach, read, sleep and enjoy the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. And for once, we made good on our plans. What a way to leave the Rich Coast. I know I will be to Cahuita again. Maybe for a quit jaunt when I need to get away from life back in the States one day. I can turn to a cute guy and say, "Hey, I know this little town on the Caribbean in Costa Rica...wanna go?"

Yeah. I like that idea.

((Click HERE to check out pics from this trip in this month's album))

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, it's Lindsay from Winthrop Terrace! There was a note on our bulletin board with the link to this blog so I had to check it out. Let me just say, wow, you're a talented writer! I am so happy to read that you're enjoying yourself so much! I have read through this entire blog & it has helped to convince me that I need to get out on my own & do the same thing! Chicago is great but I'm sure you can agree that THIS is the time to get out & explore the world & myself. I am very curious to learn how you went about getting started on this entire process. I know you're incredibly busy but I'm hoping we can chat more about it through e-mail. Unfortunately I didn't write down your e-mail address from the bulletin & it was taken down. Would you mind if I added you on Facebook so we can have one anothers contact information?

    I look forward to chatting with you & reading more of your entries!! Thanks so much : )

    ReplyDelete