Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lazy Lassie


Lassie,who was never lazy. Right, Timmy?

Last week, while playing
"Taboo" with my Advanced class, one guy pulled the word "lazy"...now, I figured this would be SUPER easy for him, but he stared at the word, perplexed and then turned to me and said, "That dog?", which in turn caused me to look at him, perplexed, "Did you say dog?" Then he turns to a girl and says something in Spanish (which they're not supposed to do) about a perro, which means dog. The girl starts cracking up and says, "No! Lazy, like you don't want to do anything!"

She then turned to me and said, "He thought that meant Lassie, like the dog from TV!"

He then realized his error and proved to me that he did indeed know the definition of "lazy", so we'll just chalk it up to a vocabulary brain fart on his end.

Hmm, "brain fart"...that could be some new vocabulary...

No comments:

Post a Comment